Chart Sync Module
From Floating Charts Wiki
The Chart Sync Module is an optional set of MT4 scripts used by the save locations feature. These scripts allow MT4 Floating Charts to uniquely identify charts for saving and restoring a chart's position on your monitor.
- If selected during installation, the Chart Sync Module scripts are automatically installed to all of your MetaTrader 4 installations.
- They can also be installed manually:
- Open the MetaTrader 4 data folder. Go to the File menu and select Open Data Folder.
- Navigate to the subfolder MQL4\Scripts.
- Copy each script in the folder %ProgramFiles(x86)%\MT4 Floating Charts\Modules\ChartSync (if you installed MT4 Floating Charts prior to version 2.6.0, you will need to download and extract the scripts) to the Scripts folder found in step #2.
- Restart MetaTrader 4.
- Enable DLL Imports in MetaTrader 4. For instructions, please refer to the Finishing Up section on the installation page.
- If you opt out of installing this module or do not enable DLL imports, the save locations feature will use the symbol and period of a chart for saving and restoring the positions on your monitors.
- Do not rename the scripts.
- Do not place the scripts in a subfolder of Scripts.
- Once installed, just ignore these scripts. Do not manually add them to any charts.
- If you install a new MetaTrader 4 on your computer, the scripts will not be installed. The installer can be run again or the scripts can be manually installed into the new installation.